Boon Energy Services is currently accepting applications for a Health and Safety Administrator. This is your opportunity to get in with one of the Lakeland’s fastest growing companies. This role will be responsible for primarily supporting our HSE Advisor with health, safety and environmental requirements.
Provide support to the Health and Safety Advisor in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule is Monday to Friday with flexible hours
- The position is full-time but part-time could be considered
- Industry Leading wages
- Comprehensive Benefits package
- Small enough company where bureaucracy doesn’t exist
- Join a team of industries top talent
- Job security – Current long-term contracts with all major energy producers across Northeast Alberta
Provide Administrative Support:
- Assist HSE Advisor with building and updating safe work procedures
- Maintain competency program. Track, upload and communicate gaps to HSE Advisor.
- Maintain web-based safety software (upload new employees, update employee profiles, mark competency exams, trend data, etc.)
- Prepare and distribute safety information through Safety Bytes program.
- Assist with recruitment process (placing job ads, accepting resumes, tracking applicants, organizing interviews, etc.)
- Assist with onboarding of new employees (complete administrative paperwork with new employees)
- Assist with onboarding of new sub-contractors
- Review pre-trip site inspections each morning and assign action items
- Prepare, organize, and schedule meetings (ordering and picking up supplies, getting room ready)
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet and database software to prepare reports, memorandums and documents
- Perform related clerical duties, such as word processing, and photocopying. Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Ordering safety supplies for staff and shopping for cost effective solutions
- Maintaining filing and record systems
- Organize and manage coveralls for distribution
- Track and record fleet mileage
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required
- Other duties: picking up employees, supplies, water, office supplies, etc.
- Provide additional project admin support (as required)
- Additional and alternative duties may be changed from time-to-time by the Employer
- Minimum Education: Completion of a high school education
- Minimum Experience: 1 year or more of related experience is required
- Great attitude with a willingness to engage and commit to safety
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate on safety initiatives
- Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Willing to expand or modify job scope while the company diversifies
- Proficient with computers
- Knowledge of:
- Clerical office practices and procedures
- Recordkeeping practices
- Standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software
- E-mail systems
- Proper English usage, spelling and punctuation
- Completion of Boon’s pre-employment process, including criminal record check, drivers abstract, A&D screening, and medical is required
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Boon Energy Services is an employer of choice and offers competitive compensation, an empowering work environment, flexibility and career advancement opportunities.
If this sounds like a place you would like to show off your talents, apply below or forward your resume to Boon Energy Services: firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE – The link for applying through our website is not working, so please email a copy or drop one off at the office.
Thank-you to everyone for taking the time to apply but only potential candidates will be contacted.